Full width home advertisement

Travel the world

Climb the mountains

Post Page Advertisement [Top]

So wednesday was nuts!

my alarm malfunctioned and I woke up late. I let the dogs outside and got dressed for work and gathered my things. I walk outside to let the dogs back in the house and catch them red handed with their noses in the dirt eating something they shouldn't. they now smell terrible. SO i drag them into the house, into the bathroom, into the tub, and wash their mouths out with soap (and the rest of them while i'm at it). After the bath, I grab my things, and am heading toward the door (about 8:40am) when I hear this huge BANG in my attic and then all the walls shook. I thought 'awesome. now my house is on fire.' So I grab the wet pups and head out back to survey the damage from safety. BUT when I get outside, i realize nothing is wrong with my house but there is a huge plume of smoke off in the distance. So I run in the house, grab my camera, and start filming. (sorry about the bad filmage. It may make you nauseous)Turns out is was a chemical plant near by. But the police had us on lock down for a couple of hours until the 20 mi/hr winds dissipated all the smoke southward.


Looking back, its funny to see what you do in drastic situations such as these. I've always thought, 'if my house was on fire, I would at least grab a photo album,' but I didn't. Its good to know that my instincts are to get to safety. I am incredibly grateful it wasn't our home. We don't own a lot of things of value, but thinking about it, we would have lost a lot of precious memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages

Bottom Ad [Post Page]

| Designed by Colorlib